credit: Aunt Clara’s Kitchen
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 small carrots, peeled and sliced
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 lbs celeriac, peeled and chopped
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 1/2 quart vegetable broth
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium-low heat.
- When the oil is hot, add the chopped onion. Cook and stir until it turns transparent.
- Add cumin powder, bay leaf, celery. Cook and stir for a minute.
- Add carrots, celeriac and potatoes, lower heat to minimum and add two tablespoons of broth.
- Cover and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking or burning.
- Add the remaining vegetable stock, cover and simmer until the vegetables are cooked through.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Once cool, blend the soup, season with salt and pepper to taste.